About the role
Estia Health Altona Meadows are looking for experienced Cook to join their team on a casual basis. The Cook a is well supported role working closely with the Chef Manager and Food Services Assistants. The role will assist in tailoring our focus on the dining experience and compliance of our commercial kitchen. The successful applicant will work across a range of shifts including weekends.
• Minimum Cert 3 in Commercial Cookery (Cert 4 preferred)
• Food Safety Supervisor
• Cooking experience within the aged care industry highly regarded
• Strong leadership, communication and organisational skills
• Excellent documentation practice
• Experience in menu preparation and planning
• Ability to manage textured and modified diets according to dietitian and clinical requirements
• An ability to manage catering staff and lead a team and also fulfill the duties of a kitchen hand when required
Experience in Aged Care is preferred and will be highly regarded.
What we will do for you
At Estia, we love to see our team members grow and develop with us. We encourage you to develop your skills and capabilities and have a range of structured clinical and professional development programs to help you grow your career.
In addition, all Estia Health employees have exclusive access to our online rewards portal which offers savings on over 2000 majors retailers, as well as restaurants, travel and entertainment offers.
If you are seeking further information about this position, please contact Estia Health Altona Meadows on firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9369 4568.
To find out more about the Estia Family and the wonderful work we do, visit our LinkedIn page!