At Estia Health, we are proud that each of our aged care homes uniquely represent the residents who choose us, the community that surrounds us and the people that we work with. At Estia, we are one family, we do our best to make a difference every day and we make magical moments happen, in small and special ways for our residents, visitors and staff alike. Join us, as we strive to support, nurture and develop your career in the growing aged care industry.
About the role
Estia Nambour situated on a quiet residential street, providing care for 75 residents, provides a luxury tropical report setting. Estia Nambour are recruiting a Chef/Cook to join their team on a casual basis. The Chef/Cook a is well supported role working closely with the Chef Manager and Food Services Assistants. The role will assist in tailoring our focus on the dining experience and compliance of our commercial kitchen. The successful applicant will work 5 shifts per week.
• Minimum Cert 3 in Commercial Cookery (Cert 4 preferred)
• Food Safety Supervisor
• Cooking experience within the aged care industry highly regarded
• Strong leadership, communication and organisational skills
• Excellent documentation practice
• Experience in menu preparation and planning
• Ability to manage textured and modified diets according to dietitian and clinical requirements
• An ability to manage catering staff and lead a team and also fulfill the duties of a kitchen hand when required
Experience in Aged Care is preferred and will be highly regarded.
What we will do for you
At Estia, we love to see our team members grow and develop with us. We encourage you to develop your skills and capabilities and have a range of structured clinical and professional development programs to help you grow your career.
In addition, all Estia Health employees have exclusive access to our online rewards portal which offers savings on over 2000 majors retailers, as well as restaurants, travel and entertainment offers.
If you're interested in joining Estia Health, or would like to know more about this role please contact our Nambour home on (07) 5459 3600 or email Nambour@estiahealth.com.au.
To find out more about the Estia Family and the wonderful work we do, visit our LinkedIn page!