At Estia Health, we are proud that each of our 69 aged care homes uniquely represent the residents who choose us, the community that surrounds us and the people that we work with. Join us, as we strive to support, nurture and develop your career in the growing aged care industry.
About the role
The ACFI Consultant is responsible for overseeing, monitoring and assisting Estia Health sites with coordination of accurate and timely ACFI appraisals (including re-appraisals) and provide corporate and site specific education.
Further to the overseeing site specific ACFI claims, the role also includes the following key accountabilities:
• Review 100% of ACFI claims for all allocated sites, prior to submission, to ensure maximisation of claims.
• Monthly review of Medicare/Mirus to ensure no late submissions across sites occur and liaise with relevant ED/ACFI Driver and Funding Manager as required.
• Demonstrated understanding of ACFI financial reports/figures and an ability to undertake financial analysis in regard to funding.
• Regularly evaluate ACFI assessments / claiming processes to ensure that they remain effective and consistent with relevant guidelines.
• Identification of training needs. Development and presentation of education / training. Promotion and support of relevant education programs for all nursing and PCW/AIN staff and evaluation of the effectiveness of this education.
• Provision of site support during ACFI validation audits. Effective reporting on the action and outcomes of external audits. Assist ED’s to initiate action and education of staff to address any non-conformance or downgrades.
• Complete Reconsideration of Outcome (appeal process) for downgrades and submit within required timeframe.
• Identify financial risk factors at sites achieving below national average figures and develop strategies to address same.
About the ideal candidate
• A minimum of 2 years ACFI experience
• Registered Nurse with up to date AHPRA registration (Preferred but not essential)
• Proven communication skills both written and verbal
• Advanced computer skills including experience in Aged Care specific software
• Confident in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
• Demonstrated competencies in nursing practice with the ability to develop competencies within Aged Care
• Ensure confidentiality of all information pertaining to residents
• Ability to travel is essential
What we will do for you
At Estia Health, our people are the heart of our organisation, we will provide you with a supportive working environment and orientation shifts to ensure you are comfortable on your arrival. We will also encourage you to develop your skills and capabilities and have a range of structured clinical and professional development programs to help you grow your career.
In addition, all Estia Health employees have exclusive access to our online rewards portal which offers savings on over 2,000 majors retailers, as well as restaurants, travel and entertainment offers.
If this opportunity excites you, please contact Anna Jablonka directly by emailing Anna.Jablonka@estiahealth.com.au or calling on (03) 9811 9777.